Looking for a healthy way to ring in the new year? Check out these recipes for healthy New Year’s Eve snacks that are easy to make, super wholesome, and delicious!
You don’t need to disregard your healthy eating habits if you want to enjoy delicious snacks and appetisers for your New Year’s Eve party. With our New Year’s Eve snack ideas, you can ring in the new year the healthy way! These healthy and tasty party snacks are ideal to put on the menu if you’re hosting—and of course they’re perfect to bring to your friend’s party too! Watch out, these tasty snacks will be gone before you know it!
With these healthy New Year’s Eve snacks, you can celebrate without guilt and without needing to break your resolutions. And the best thing is, these snacks and appetisers are not just healthy; they are so delicious they may well be the highlight of your party!
Hummus has always been a big favourite as a party food. After all, hummus tastes great and is super healthy. But for some, traditional hummus can be a little bland. Thanks to edamame soy beans, this hummus recipe has a nice Eastern twist to it. The cannellini beans and sesame oil give it a nutty and toasty flavour. Excellent as a dip for chips and to enjoy on sandwiches!
1 can (425g) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1½ cups shelled and cooked edamame
2 medium-sized garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
¼ cup water
3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. toasted sesame oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Taro chips for serving (optional)
1. Put the cannellini beans, edamame, garlic, water, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and sesame seed oil in a food processor with a blade attachment.
2. Add the pepper and process until you get a smooth mixture. If the dip is too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time and process until the desired consistency is reached.
3. Transfer the mix into a medium bowl, add the cilantro, and stir. Season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
4. When used as a dip, serve with taro chips.
Crispy baked carrot chips
You can make two variants of these tasty carrot chips: spicy or sweet. Well, why not make both? Here is the recipe!
1 very thinly sliced carrot
½ tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 pinch of salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
2 carrots, shaved into peels
½ tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 pinch of salt
½ tsp. ground pepper
¼–½ tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Place the carrots in a medium bowl together with the coconut oil and the spices. Toss slightly to combine.
3. Put the chips on the baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake for 10–12 minutes. Watch carefully. The chips are very thin, so they can burn quickly!
5. Remove from the oven and serve right away!
Chips with a delicious dip are always fantastic as a starter or just for eating as a snack “in between”. And of course, they make for a great party snack! These awesome ham and cheese apple wraps are perfect if you want to make a delicious but healthy party platter. In this recipe, we’re also showing you how to make a tasty honey mustard yogurt dip that goes perfectly with your wraps.
1 pink lady apple, cored and sliced into 12 slices
4 thick slices of cheddar cheese, cut into 12 triangles
140g of thinly sliced deli ham, cut into 12 strips
¼ cup plain yogurt, unsweetened
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2–3 tsp. honey
1. Put the yogurt, mustard, and honey in a small bowl and stir well. Set aside.
2. Rub each apple slice with lemon juice so they won’t turn brown.
3. Place a slice of cheese onto each apple piece and then wrap a strip of ham around it.
4. Put on a tray and serve with the dip you made. Yummy!
Deviled avocado eggs
Healthier and tastier than your average devilled eggs, our mayo-less devilled avocado eggs don’t just make for an awesome party snack. They contain plenty of protein, which makes them ideal for lunch or as a snack if you get hungry! If you want to give your devilled avocado eggs a special twist, sprinkle them with bacon pieces!
3 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half
1 large avocado
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 pinch of pepper and garlic salt
~1 tsp. paprika powder (optional)
1. Remove the yolks from the hard-boiled eggs and put them into a bowl.
2. Add the avocado to the bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and use a fork to mash everything together.
4. With a spoon, put the mixture into each of the egg halves.
5. Sprinkle with paprika to taste.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Super healthy and with all the goodness of fresh veggies, our dilly cucumber bites with dill cream cheese, yogurt, and a juicy cherry tomato on top make the perfect healthy appetiser for your New Year’s party!
They are so healthy and light, you can eat a whole bunch of them without feeling guilty. After all, they’re mostly veggies!
Tip: If you don’t have a piping bag in your kitchen, you can use a ziplock bag instead. Put the mixture in the bag and cut a small corner off.
½ kg large English cucumber(s)
½ kg grape or cherry tomatoes
225g cream cheese
150g plain Greek yogurt
3 tbsp. fresh dill, minced
1 tbsp. powdered ranch dressing mix
1. Take the cucumbers and cut them into slices, about 1cm thick each. Depending on your taste, you can leave the skin on or peel them. If you’re a little creative, you can also partially peel them to give the slices a striped look.
2. Cut the grape or cherry tomatoes in half and set aside.
3. Put the cream cheese, the Greek yogurt, the dill, and ranch dressing powder in a medium-sized bowl and mix thoroughly. You can do this by hand or with an electric mixer.
4. Put the cheese mixture into your piping bag or a large ziplock bag with one corner cut off.
5. Use the bag and pipe the mixture onto the cucumber slices.
6. Top up with a cherry tomato.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
These roasted cauliflowers poppers are always a big hit at parties. No surprise, as they are the perfect healthy appetiser! What’s special about them is that the roasted cauliflower gives these poppers an awesome nutty taste and a nice crunchy texture. Just try them and enjoy how they “pop” in your mouth! They’re so good that even the kids love them. Just keep an eye on them, because they will be gone before you know it!
1 very large head of cauliflower
2 tbsp. melted grass-fed butter or ghee (Indian butter)
2 tbsp. olive oil or melted coconut oil
1 tsp. unrefined sea salt
¾ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. paprika
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C.
2. Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Wash them and dry with a paper towel.
3. Put the cauliflower pieces into a large ziplock bag. Pour the melted butter and coconut oil/olive oil over the pieces. Add the salt, pepper, and paprika. Shake the bag until all cauliflower pieces are coated.
4. Remove the cauliflower pieces and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 40–45 minutes. Turn the pieces several times to brown them evenly from all sides.
6. Remove from oven.
7. Serve with your dip of choice. Enjoy!
These healthy chicken salad cucumber bites are super easy to make, but they look like a million bucks! What makes them awesome is that they are very low in calories! Each appetiser is carb-free and has only 20 calories! You can eat a whole lot of them and don’t need to worry about breaking your New Year’s resolution. And of course they are incredibly delicious!
1 large English cucumber, sliced with skin
200g cooked chicken breast, shredded
2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
¼ tsp. cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice the cucumber into round or square slices. A large cucumber should make for about 48 slices.
2. Using a food processor, shred the chicken. If you don’t have a food processor, you can also use a fork for this.
3. Put the chicken, mayo, cilantro, scallions, and cumin in a bowl and add salt and pepper.
4. Place the cucumber slices on a plate or serving tray. Put a heaping tablespoon of the chicken salad on each cucumber slice and put another slice on top.
5. Stick in a toothpick to hold the pieces together. If you want, you can stick a black or green olive on the toothpick to make your bites look even prettier.
6. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!