Here are 15 ways you can start your day-off to a flying start from the morning alarm to the work station.
1. Resolve what you want to achieve mentally; doing this early in the day will help you beat the assigned project deadline while boosting your levels of happiness the rest of the day.
2. Wear clothes that increase your levels of confidence to make you feel good about yourself. This should be done even if you are not going anywhere.
3. Take a healthy dose of breakfast that should include; fruits or veggies, healthy fats, and protein. Remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and a healthy one will do you so much good.
4. Visualize your loved ones; studies have established that visualizing your loved ones or those you care about can help you feel better and at the same time decrease the negative thoughts in your mind. Pleasant relationships have also been found to produce a positive trade-off up to a month later. In other words happy memories almost always infers to happy feelings.
5. You can create a feel-good feeling by playing your favorite tune or by singing along when showering or making breakfast early in the morning.
6. Get a feel of the outdoors by walking your dog in the yard or by opening the windows to allow in sunlight and fresh air. You can also go out and enjoy your juice on the balcony or get a dose of fresh air while checking your email on your mobile device.
7. Re-awake your spiritual side before starting your day by performing meditation, reciting a prayer or by simply connecting in ways that work well for you. This will help you strengthen your fervor while relieving you off stress.
8. Start your day by taking your favorite morning fix; this can be a hot tea, a healthy juice or a hot mug of coffee.
9. Take a shower, whether cold or hot and be sure to use a shampoo or body wash that contains an energizing scent such as that of the citrus fruit to power up your senses and get you moving.
10. Take a productive 10 minutes in the morning to stretch your muscles or perform yoga to prepare your body for the hassles of the new day.
11. Take few minutes to tidy up yourself and the room before leaving the house. For example by making your bed each morning when you wake-up you will be preparing to starting your day on high note by fighting the urge to crawl back under the bed-covers.
12. Tell your spouse, kids, pet or whoever you are sharing your home with that you love them. Connecting with loved ones before heading out to the doorway will put you in the right spirits to tackle the day.
13. Develop a regular sleep pattern before bedtime to allow you to settle down and relax in order to sleep better, peacefully and faster. When the next morning beckons you will be well rested and reinvigorated to start the day.
14. When driving to the office take with you some CD's of music you love and enjoy, while sitting on the traffic you can take time to think about the wonderful things and people in your life to set yourself in the right frame of mind. Even though you cannot control traffic, you can always control your reaction to the traffic situation.
15. After waking up in the morning, think about 3-things you are most appreciative or are grateful about before leaving bed.